REGISTRATION FOR THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW CLOSED.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 13, 2013 and set your sights on Saskatoon!
CANSCAIP Sask Horizons is sponsoring Canadian author Sheree Fitch to do a workshop called:
Wordplay, Whimsy, and Seriously Joyful Nonsense
Whether we are writing fiction or nonfiction, picture books, plays or novels–(for any age )– our words matter. Not just the “right” words, how we can use them in new and surprising ways. In a workshop designed with guided exercises to free every one’s “poet” brain and inner word maniac we will explore how words can lead us to plot, character and endless possibilities in our work as writers.
Sheree Fitch has been offering writing workshops for over twenty-five years in places as close as Moose Jaw and as far away as Bhutan. She has published at least 24 books for adults, young adults, and most of all, children. Her engaging, tongue-twisting, fun-filled verse rollicks across the pages of such classics as There Were Monkeys in My Kitchen, Mabel Murple, Sleeping Dragons All Around, and her newest kids’ book, Kisses, Kisses, Baby-O.
The workshop will take place:
- Saturday, April 13, 2013
- 1-4 pm
- at Queen’s House Retreat and Renewal Centre, 601 Taylor St. W. in Saskatoon.
- Fee: $30
- Limit of 20 participants, so register early!
- If you are coming from out of town, you are invited to have lunch first at Queen’s House for an extra $12 (total $42). Lunch is served at 12 noon.
- Coffee, tea, water, and muffins will be available during the workshop break (included in workshop fee).
How to Register:
- Email your name and whether you would like lunch to email@example.com.
- Pay for the workshop one of two ways:
- write a cheque made out to CANSCAIP SK Horizons. Mail it to Sheree Fitch Workshop, c/o 76 Dolphin Bay, Regina, SK, S4S 4Z8.
- use the Paypal buttons below.
You will be emailed a confirmation once your payment has been received.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org .