Join us for the 11th bi-annual
CANSCAIP Prairie Horizons Conference
September 18-20, 2015, Lumsden, SK
- Frieda Wishinsky (60+ picture books, Middle Grades, non-fiction books)
- Anne Shone, (senior editor, Scholastic Canada)
- Ted Staunton (performer/humorist; dozens of books from picture books to Young Adult)
- Dakota McFadzean (comic and storyboard artist/illustrator, author)
- Alison Lohans (over two dozen picture books, middle grades, YA, fantasy)
- Gillian Richardson (nonfiction, juvenile novels and picture books)
- Heather Nickel (owner of Your Nickel’s Worth Publishing)
Candlelight Labyrinth Walk: Get in touch with your inner voice as we venture out after dark on Friday night.
Ready, Set, Pitch!: 10 contestants will have 5 minutes to pitch their completed Picture Book or Middle Grades manuscripts for a chance to place their manuscripts at the top of the slush pile at Scholastic Canada.
Open Mic: Got something to share? Sign up to read or perform a 3 minute piece on Saturday night.
Q & A Session: Spend an hour getting your questions answered by the entire group of presenters.
Workshops: Learn about humour, performance, graphic novels, writing non-fiction, history and fantasy, author-publisher relationships and self-publishing.
Saturday Night Events Open to the Public:
- Keynote Address by Frieda Wishinsky
- Performance by Ted Staunton
Book Table: Sell your books and CDs, and sign up to help at the book table.
Full Conference (including accommodation and meals):
- Full conference Early Bird. $285.00;
- Regular Registration. $315.00.
- Other options available. See Registration page.
- CANSCAIP Members or Friends, deduct $45.00 from the registration cost.
- After Aug 31, 2015, add a late fee of $25.
Final Registration Deadline: Sept 9, 2015.
You can register online or by mail. Complete registration details and instructions are on the Registration Page.
To join CANSCAIP: http://canscaip.org/JoinCANSCAIP
Need More Information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Registration & Payment: http://canscaip.org/EventsCalendar