CANSCAIP Sask needs you! The following jobs will be up for grabs at our Biennial General Meeting on May 22nd. If you are a Saskatchewan member or friend of CANSCAIP, please look over the job descriptions and consider if you would be willing to run for one of the positions. Thanks!
- Provide general direction for the other officers and the group as a whole.
- General Meeting (every second year at the Prairie Horizons conference)
- Make agenda
- Send notice to all members about the meeting, two weeks in advance
- Chair meeting
- SWG Writing Group Grants application
- In June, write and submit report on previous year’s grant usage.
- In June, apply for SWG Writing Group Grant.
- Fill in application
- Collate member information including SWG memberships, expiry dates, and age categories. If there are not enough SWG members (2/3), ask non-members to join or renew
- Prairie Horizons
- Maintain arms-length contact with committee and advise as necessary.
- Open conference and welcome everyone. Tell them about CANSCAIP.
- Set up a joint bank account with the President to manage CANSCAIP Sask Horizon funds
- Deposit cheques as they come in
- Co-sign cheques with President as needed.
- Keep track of incoming and outgoing funds and receipts and make sure they match bank statements.
- Download and save monthly bank statements.
- Prairie Horizons Conferences
- Maintain arms-length contact with committee and advise as necessary
- Accept mailed registrations and deposit cheques. Give paper registration information to CANSCAIP Liaison. Email receipts to people who pay by cheque. (Online registrations are automatically receipted.)
- Pay conference expenses as needed.
- Take cheques to conference to give to presenters. Find out amounts needed from the committee.
- General Meeting:
- Prepare budget report for the previous two years.
- Take minutes at the meeting.
- Prepare minutes to be placed on website before the next General Meeting.