CANSCAIP is the Canadian Society for Children’s Authors, Illustrators, and Performers. Based in Toronto, Ontario, it provides information and networking and opportunities for children’s creators across Canada.
CANSCAIP Sask is the Saskatchewan chapter of CANSCAIP.
What CANSCAIP Sask Offers
- The “Prairie Horizons” conference, held every two years. Speakers have included many well-known Canadian children’s writers and illustrators, as well as industry insiders like editors, agents and publishers. The next one will be in Saskatoon in 2021.
- Presentations on topics of interest to children’s writers, in conjunction with the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild. Past presentations can be viewed on our YouTube channel.
- Interesting and informative blog posts featuring our members.
What (national) CANSCAIP offers:
- Quarterly newsletter with member news, articles, and market listings
- Annual “Packaging Your Imagination” conference in Toronto or online
- Monthly Toronto meetings with expert speakers and notes posted online
- A friendly and supportive community for beginning and experienced writers and artists and performers
- Various contests, discussion forums, and mentorship opportunities
- Two levels of membership: Friend (unpublished or self-published) and Member (traditionally published)
How to Join CANSCAIP Sask
Members consist of all creators of works for children who live in Saskatchewan and are members or friends of CANSCAIP.
To join CANSCAIP, please visit their website here.
The current president of CANSCAIP Sask is Paula Jane Remlinger, the current secretary-treasurer is Melanie McFarlane, and the current Social Media Team is Dianne Young and Glenda Goertzen. You can contact us at canscaipsk(at)gmail(dot)com. You can contact the national office at office(at)canscaip(dot)org.