CANSCAIP is the Canadian Society for Children’s Authors, Illustrators, and Performers. Based in Toronto, Ontario, it provides information and networking and opportunities for children’s creators across Canada.
CANSCAIP Sask Horizons is the Saskatchewan chapter of CANSCAIP.
What CANSCAIP Sask Horizons Offers
- The “Prairie Horizons” conference, held every two years. Speakers have included many well-known Canadian children’s writers and illustrators, as well as industry insiders like editors, agents and publishers. The next one will be in Saskatoon in 2019.
- Presentations on topics of interest to children’s writers, in conjunction with the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild. Past presentations can be viewed on YouTube.
- A monthly discussion blog on our website.
Check out past posts on this website to find out more.
What (national) CANSCAIP offers:
- Quarterly newsletter with member news, articles, and market listings
- Annual “Packaging Your Imagination” conference in Toronto or online
- Monthly Toronto meetings with expert speakers and notes posted online
- A friendly and supportive community for beginning and experienced writers and artists and performers
- Various contests, discussion forums, and mentorship opportunities
- Two levels of membership: Friend (unpublished or self-published) and Member (traditionally published)
How to Join
Members consist of all children’s creators who live in Saskatchewan and are members or friends of CANSCAIP.
If you join CANSCAIP, please send us an email so we know about you. We will then add you to our Saskatchewan chapter mailing list.
The current president of CANSCAIP SK Horizons is Sharon Plumb Hamilton, the current secretary-treasurer is Marie Powell, and the current Social Media Person is Dianne Young. You can contact us at canscaip(at)gmail(dot)com or sharonplumb(at)hotmail(dot)com. You can contact the national office through their website.